|1993 to date
||Principal, McDowall Consulting
- Providing consultancy in LIMS, chromatography data systems, computerised system validation, corporate validation policies, process simplification and redesign, laboratory automation strategies, auditing laboratories and vendors, and equipment qualification.
- Management consultancy for the pharmaceutical, agrochemical and chemical industries.
|1998 to date
||Director, R.D.McDowall Limited
- Provision of services for the testing and compliance of computerised systems in pharmaceutical, agrochemical and chemical industries.
||Director, BJM Limited
- Qualification of analytical equipment and computerised systems.
|1993 to date
||Advisor the following Consultancy Companies:
- Coopers & Lybrand Management Consultancy Services and PriceWaterhouseCoopers Management Consultancy Services.
- Cap Gemini Consulting.
- Digital Consulting.
|1993 - 1989
||Bioanalytical Unit Head, Department of Bioanalytical Sciences Wellcome Research Laboratories
- Line management responsibility for up to 40 staff, responsible for the development of assays to support development, analysis of samples from research, non-clinical and clinical studies and reporting of this work.
- Responsible for improvement of effectiveness of the laboratory and liaison with customer Departments.
- Implementation of a LIMS and a chromatography data system to GXP regulations.
|1978 - 1988
||Senior Analyst Department of Drug Analysis Smith Kline and French Research
- Managerial responsibility for a team of up to 9 staff in the Department of Drug Analysis with the remit to develop, validate and apply methods for the measurement of drugs in biological fluids.
- Project manager responsible for the purchase, implementation of a LIMS and automation that resulted in productivity increases of up to 10 fold.
|1972 - 1978
||Research Assistant Department of Forensic Medicine, London Hospital Medical College
- Responsible for the development of analytical methods for analysing drugs in necropsy samples.
- Successfully completed research for a Ph.D. degree.